Practice Areas: General Municipal, Land Use, Litigation
Attorney Weisheit assists the firm’s clients in all facets of municipal, land use, business and general civil law. He has more than 9 years of experience counseling clients on general municipal law, land use and environmental law. His experience also includes representing corporate and individual clients in all phases of litigation.
Attorney Weisheit has represented clients in a broad range of cases, including zoning and wetland permitting appeals, business disputes, and real estate disputes, before various levels of the Massachusetts trial courts. Attorney Weisheit often represents municipal clients in enforcement related litigation, including Building Code, Sanitary Code, Wetlands and Zoning enforcement matters.
v. Town of Georgetown Conservation Commission, 2019 WL 2323747 (2019) (Rule 1:28 Decision). Represented the Georgetown Conservation Commission before the Massachusetts Appeals Court resulting in a decision upholding the Commission’s decision denying an Order of Conditions for construction of a new septic system within a prohibited setback from a wetland resource area required under the Georgetown Wetland Protection Bylaw.
- Robin Downs v. Town of Dennis Conservation Commission, 91 Mass. App. Ct. 1108 (2017)(Rule 1:28 Decision). Represented the Dennis Conservation Commission before the Massachusetts Appeals Court resulting in a decision upholding the Commission’s determination that a new dock project would adversely impact the interests in public recreation and wildlife habitat protected by the Dennis Wetlands Protection Bylaw and the Commission’s accompanying rules and regulations.
- Town of Winchendon v. Brandywine Farms, Inc., Land Court Docket No. 17 MISC 000332 RBF (2017). Represented the Town before the Land Court resulting in a Judgment on the Pleadings in favor of the Town holding that the Town’s fee simple subject to condition subsequent interest in maintaining dams and waterways on Lake Monomonoc had converted into fee simple absolute interest.
Lawson & Weitzen, LLP, Boston, MA
Worked on large and diverse case load including broad range of commercial and environmental litigation matters. Handled all phases of litigation including numerous court appearances.
Drohan Tocchio & Morgan, P.C., Hingham, MA
Handled litigation case load including mix of environmental/land use and general civil litigation matters. Work on all phases of permitting for commercial and residential development projects including numerous appearances before municipal boards.
Smith & Brink, P.C., Braintree, MA
Conducted investigation and development of direct recovery actions on behalf of insurance industry clients in several state and federal jurisdictions.
Vermont Office of Attorney General (Environmental Protection Division), Montpelier, VT
Law Clerk (2010)
Undertook extensive legal research and wrote legal memoranda on a variety of environmental enforcement issues.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member of Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions
- Member of Town of Norfolk Conservation Commission
- Member of Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Bar (2011)
- U.S. District Court (Mass.) 2013
Vermont Law School
Juris Doctor, 2011, cum laude
Master of Environmental Law and Policy, 2011, magna cum laude
University of Richmond
Bachelor of Arts, 2008, cum laude