Attorneys Michele E. Randazzo
Michele E. Randazzo
Practice Areas: General Municipal, Labor & Employment, Litigation
ExperienceAttorney Michele Randazzo is an experienced municipal law practitioner, with a focus on labor and employment matters. She counsels clients on a variety of personnel issues, including policy promulgation and enforcement, best management practices, and employee hiring and firing. Attorney Randazzo litigates cases in both the state and federal courts, and before administrative agencies. Additionally, Attorney Randazzo assists clients with a variety of general municipal law issues, including town meetings, municipal charters and by-laws, conflict of interest, public records, the Open Meeting Law, and municipal finance.
Attorney Randazzo previously served as a Staff Attorney for the Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, U.S. Department of Justice. While at the Department of Justice, Attorney Randazzo investigated and processed federal-sector employee discrimination complaints, drafted internal employment policies and procedures for U.S. Attorneys' Offices nationwide, and prepared and delivered training programs on a wide variety of Equal Employment Opportunity-related topics at the Department of Justice's national training facility. She is a trained EEO investigator and mediator.
Attorney Randazzo has also served as the Chair and member of the Massachusetts Bar Association's Public Law Section Council.
- Representing employers in a broad range of employment-related litigation, including discrimination, whistleblower, and wrongful termination lawsuits.
- Conducting training and educational seminars on employment discrimination prevention, including sexual harassment prevention.
- Advising on a variety of labor and employment issues related
to agency restructuring, including employee hiring and terminations,
and policy adoption and revision.
Selected Reported Decisions
- Carleton v. Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 447 Mass. 791 (2006) (amici brief)
- Mad Maxine's Watersports, Inc. v. Harbormaster of Provincetown,
67 Mass. App. Ct. 804 (2006)
- Aulson v. Blanchard, 83 F.3d 1 (1st Cir. 1996)
- Martinez v. Wolferseder, 997 F. Supp. 192 (D. Mass. 1998)
U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Boston, MA
Staff Attorney/Advisor, Executive Office for U. S. Attorneys, Equal Employment Opportunity Office (2000-2001)
- Federal EEO Update 2000 - What's New and and What You Need to Know, USA Bulletin
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- U.S. District Court (Mass.)
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
Suffolk University Law School
Juris Doctor, 1993, cum laude
Suffolk Law Review, Technical Editor
College of the Holy Cross
Bachelor of Arts, 1990
|< Prev||Next >|