Practice Areas: General Municipal, Labor & Employment, Litigation
Attorney Michele Randazzo has over 26 years of experience as a public sector attorney, and assists clients with a wide range of general legal issues, including town meetings, municipal charters and bylaws, conflicts of interest, and municipal finance. She is a founding member of the firm’s Government Information and Access Group, which focuses extensively on public records and open meeting law issues. Attorney Randazzo litigates cases in both the state and federal courts and administrative tribunals, and also counsels clients on labor and employment issues such as employment policy promulgation and enforcement, best management practices, and employee hiring and firing. Additionally, she advises Housing Authorities and Regional Transit Authorities on a variety of issues. Attorney Randazzo is the co-editor of, and a contributing author to, the LexisNexis® Practice Guide: Massachusetts Administrative Law and Practice.
Attorney Randazzo is an experienced Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) trainer and investigator, and has successfully completed the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination’s Certified Train-the-Trainer Courses in Discrimination and Harassment Prevention. She is also a trained EEO mediator.
Attorney Randazzo previously served as the Chair and long-time member of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Public Law Section Council. She has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in the area of State, Local and Municipal Law, for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Conducting training on public records and open meeting law issues, and advising clients on responding to public records requests and open meeting law complaints.
- Reviewing general bylaws for purposes of updating and recodification.
- Representing employers in a broad range of employment-related litigation, including discrimination, whistleblower, and wrongful termination lawsuits.
- Conducting training and educational seminars on employment discrimination prevention, including sexual harassment prevention.
- Magliacane v. City of Gardner, 483 Mass. 842 (2020) (amici brief)
- Carleton v. Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 447 Mass. 791 (2006) (amici brief)
- Mad Maxine’s Watersports, Inc. v. Harbormaster of Provincetown, 67 Mass. App. Ct. 804 (2006)
- Aulson v. Blanchard, 83 F.3d 1 (1st Cir. 1996)
- Martinez v. Wolferseder, 997 F. Supp. 192 (D. Mass. 1998)
U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Boston, MA
Staff Attorney/Advisor, Executive Office for U. S. Attorneys, Equal Employment Opportunity Office (2000-2001)
- LexisNexis® Practice Guide: Massachusetts Administrative Law and Practice, (Co-Editor, Contributing Author)
- Federal EEO Update 2000 – What’s New and What You Need to Know, USA Bulletin (November 2000)
- Massachusetts Bar
- U.S. District Court (Mass.)
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
Suffolk University Law School
Juris Doctor, 1993, cum laude
Suffolk Law Review, Technical Editor
College of the Holy Cross
Bachelor of Arts, 1990