Practice Areas: General Municipal, Litigation, Contracts & Procurement
Attorney Thomas McEnaney has over 18 years of experience in municipal law and serves as town counsel to several communities in Massachusetts. His practice focuses on public sector procurement, construction, designer selection, contract law, licensing, eminent domain, taxation, and Appellate Tax Board proceedings. He also counsels clients on a variety of general municipal law issues, including town meetings, local legislation and regulations, conflict of interest, public records, the Open Meeting Law, and municipal finance. Attorney McEnaney also chairs our Housing Authority practice area and is well-versed in the federal, state, HUD, and DHCD laws and regulations affecting them.
Prior to joining the firm, Attorney McEnaney was employed as an accountant and auditor by Fidelity Investments and served as a law clerk for the City of Lynn Law Department. Attorney McEnaney has served as a guest lecturer on public construction law and municipal contracting and drafted several articles and client alerts related to Appellate Tax Board, procurement and licensing issues. He is also the Northeast Regional Representative to the Governor’s Seaport Advisory Council.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for construction, designer and engineering services; and drafting and reviewing invitations to bid, requests for proposals and related documents.
- Representing municipalities in construction disputes before the Superior Court, Federal Court and the Office of the Attorney General.
- Representing municipalities at local licensing hearings and before the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission.
- Counseling and representing municipalities on tax issues before the Superior Court and Appellate Tax Board.
- Representing housing authorities and municipalities in District or Housing Court in eviction cases for cause, nonpayment of rent, drug activity and following tax title foreclosures.
- Representing municipalities in litigation matters, including eminent domain cases, before the Superior Court and Federal Court.
City of Lynn Law Department, Lynn, MA
Law Clerk (1993-1995)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Public Law Section
- YMCA or Metro North, Board of Directors 2006-2012
- Governor’s Seaport Advisory Council, Northeast Regional Representative
- Danvers American Little League, Manager/Coach 2010 – Present
- Massachusetts Bar
- U.S. District Court (Mass.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (First Circuit)
Boston University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1995
Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar
Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society